Thermo Scientific™ Heraeus™ Megafuge™ 8 is a multi-purpose centrifuge that fits into your laboratory space with its compact footprint. Ergonomic designs enhance placement flexibility in the lab. Suitable for numbers of applications accommodating multi-laboratory settings with 14 rotor options to adapt to evolving clinical and research needs, in both ventilated and refrigerated options. Spin 50 mL conical tubes at over 12,000 x g or a wide range of microtubes at speeds up to 30,279 x g.
Carry out clinical and research applications with the Thermo Scientific™ Heraeus™ Megafuge™ 8 Small Benchtop Centrifuge, featuring a smart, simple interface and exceptional capacity in a compact design—now available in both ventilated and refrigerated models.
Simple solutions. Flexible processing.
Secure, push-button Auto-Lock rotor exchange in as little as 3 seconds delivers:
- Trouble-free rotor installation and removal
– No tools are required
– No complicated rotor changing procedures
- Clear chamber access for cleaning convenience
- Quick switch between applications – from conical tubes to blood tubes, and from microtubes to microplates – and the flexibility to evolve with the changing needs of your laboratory
Optimize bench space with maximized capacity:
- 48 microtubes, 8 x 50 ml conical tubes or 4 microplates for research needs
- Micro-volume rotor portfolio supports 0.2, 0.25, 0.5, 1.5, 2.0, 5.0 mL microtubes and spin columns
- Clinical processing up to 24 x 5/7 mL blood tubes per run
Reliable quality. Safe operation.
- Biocontainment sealing options, including certified ClickSeal lids for glove-friendly, one-handed operation
- Manufactured with quality materials providing broad chemical resistance with exceptional strength for durability and reliability
- Low noise levels, including just 52 dBA at the performance of 17,850 rpm/30,279 x g in refrigerated units, to ensure a peaceful laboratory
- Conforms to the latest clinical and safety standards, such as UL, CE, and IVD2
- One-touch operation with pre-saved protocols
- Highly visible backlit display for easy reading of parameters across the lab
- Optional indicators at end of run, including automatic lid opening, full flashing display, and adjustable audible signal
- Glove- and detergent-friendly
- Multilingual instructions–English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish—on programming, run conditions, alerts and service messages