MAGPIX® is the simplest, most affordable, and most compact of Luminex’s xMAP® instruments. This compact multiplexing unit performs up to 50 different tests in a single reaction volume and reads a 96-well-plate in just 60 minutes. MAGPIX features self-cleaning routines and magnetic bead compatibility (with MagPlex® beads), making the instrument easy to learn and easy to use.
The MAGPIX system features an innovative design based on CCD imaging technology that allows for a more compact, robust system. It’s also easy to operate and maintain with streamlined start-up and shutdown protocols and minimal maintenance requirements. MAGPIX is supported by a broad menu of commercially available assay kits, as well as reagents to build your own assays.
Key MAGPIX Features
- Multiplexing: Up to 50 analytes per sample
- Sensitivity: Approximately 106 copies of DNA or single-digit picogram levels of protein
- Dynamic Range (Typical): ≥3.5 logs
- Read Time: 96-well plate in ≤ 60 min (up to 4,800 tests/hour)
- Daily Start-Up/Shut-Down: ≤ 15 min
- Foot Print: three ft linear bench space
Let MAGPIX empower your work with:
- Affordability: Benefit from an affordable multiplexing solution that costs up to 4X less than comparable ELISA assays.*
- Versatility: Transition to multiplexing at your own pace and exponentially grow py-5 your data.
- Flexibility: Achieve a wider array of goals with the ability to analyze both proteins and nucleic acids.
- Compact size: Reduce clutter with a compact instrument requiring less linear bench space.
- Efficiency: Measure up to 50 targets in a single reaction volume and dramatically reduce sample input.
- Assay support: Leverage a broad array of commercially available kits as well as reagents for user-developed assays.
|Reagent Compatibility||MagPlex® magnetic microspheres|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||≥ 3.5 logs|
|Microplate Type||96-well plate|
|Reading Speed||96 wells ≤ 60 mins|
|Sample Temperature Control||35° – 60° C (95° – 131° F)|
|Sample Volume Uptake||20 – 200 μL|
|Auto Adjust-Probe Height||Yes|
|Daily Start-Up||≤ 15 minutes|
For laboratories working under the FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 regulations, xPONENT® software can complete with several features like multilevel user management, full audit trail, electronic records and electronic signatures. The secure xPONENT package includes all the basic functionality, plus allows an administrator to set up user access levels. LIS Connectivity module allows communication with an external Laboratory Information System (LIS) database by allowing the export of patient result data and the import of patient sample information in ASTM format; connection to your LIS system may require the use of middleware