Advancements in liquid chromatography (LC) coupled to mass spectrometry (MS) technologies have led to the widespread implementation of LC-MS in the analysis, identification, and quantitation of analytes across a wide range of applications. This combined technology offers the ability to deliver high sensitivity and selectivity to ensure isolation of target analyte from what could be a sample containing thousands of other different molecules. Typically, MS or LC alone are unable to meet this need as they can only differentiate compounds by their mass-to-charge ratio (m/z) or retention time on the column, respectively, which is often less efficient in most practical applications.
Therefore, there is a strong requirement for a technique (LC-MS in this case) that utilizes an ideal separation platform and an efficient selective-and sensitive platform for detection, analysis, and quantitation. LC-MS is the combination of two selective techniques that allow isolation and quantitation of target analyte(s) in complex mixtures across all application areas.1-3 As indicated above, LC differentiates compounds by their physicochemical properties and MS differentiates compounds by their m/z ratio. It is the dual selectivity that makes LC-MS such a powerful analytical tool.
The main benefits of the TSQ Altis MS include:
- Ultimate sensitivity for all molecular types in matrices ranging from simple to complex.
- Outstanding instrument robustness enables increased confidence in generated data with no loss of instrument uptime.
- Ultrafast selected reaction monitoring (SRM) increases the number of molecular quantifications in less time.
- Close integration with application-specific software results in increased productivity across all application markets.
- Simplicity and ease-of-use allow users of all expertise levels to acquire high-quality results with increased confidence.
The Thermo ScientificTM TSQ Altis TM triple – stage quadrupole mass spectrometer makes the most of every attogram. Analytical labs demand robust, sensitive, and efficient targeted quantitation workflows to meet their scientific and business goals. The TSQ Altis MS is designed to help scientists achieve these goals every day, for every sample.
The Thermo TSQ ALTIS Mass Spectrometer is one in a family of latest-generation Thermo ScientificTM triple quadrupole mass spectrometers that offer confident quantitation every day, for every lab and every user. These instruments are built on a foundation of shared, state-of-the-art hardware and software components. This makes it easier to transfer methods from one instrument to another when methods progress from single, sample-based experiments to validation and routine high-volume screening and quantitation.