The Thermo Scientific™ Element 2™ and Element XR™ High-Resolution ICP-MS provide class-leading elimination of interferences for the highest level of confidence. With ultra-sensitive and reliable multi-element analyses at trace-level concentrations, there’s no need for complicated sample preparation and method development.
What is high-resolution (HR) ICP-MS?
The unequivocal separation of analyte ions from spectral interferences is a prerequisite of reliable and accurate multi-element and isotope analysis. High mass resolution is the universally accepted means to separate spectral interferences. With a visible physical separation between the analytes and the interferences from the matrix, the analyst doesn’t require knowledge of the sample matrix prior to analysis.
High mass resolution (R = 10,000) takes advantage of slight mass differences to analyze elements in the most challenging sample matrices. Arsenic (75As) in a chlorine matrix is masked by argon chloride (40Ar35Cl, 38Ar37Cl) without using high resolution. Selenium (Se) is another key element that benefits from high resolution in common matrices. Beyond chloride matrices, high resolution is frequently applied to separate oxide, argide and nitride interferents, as well as multiply charged ions.
- Low resolution analyzes non-interfered isotopes with the highest sensitivity.
- Medium resolution guarantees interference-free analysis for most elements in the majority of matrix types.
- High resolution provides unequivocal separation of analytes and interferences in the most challenging matrices.
Features & Benefits
- High mass resolution: Accurately measure isotope signals separate from spectral interferences and produce clean elemental spectra while retaining flexibility.
- Straightforward analytical methods: Providing visual confirmation of accurate measurements.
- Interference removal: no use of reactive gases
- High sensitivity: Get accurate and precise multi-element analysis down to pg·L-1 concentrations for all resolutions. The Element XR HR-ICP-MS increases the linear dynamic range by an additional three orders of magnitude for maximum flexibility.
- Ideal for transient multi-elemental signals, such as laser ablation, HPLC, GC, CE, FFF.
- High-precision isotope ratios.
- An advanced research tool with the reliability and robustness to serve in 24/7 production control.
The Thermo Scientific Element 2 and Element XR High-Resolution ICP-MS systems cover the mg/L to sub pg/L concentration range—making them especially suitable for semiconductor, geological and material science laboratories. The high-performance ion detection system of the Element XR HR-ICP-MS automatically switches between three detection modes to handle signals ranging from ultra-trace to 100% of the sample matrices. With it you can assess any sample matrix
Element 2 HR-ICP-MS
The workhorse for semiconductor applications
The high performance, double-focusing magnetic sector field Element 2 HR-ICP-MS is optimized for ease-of-use, stability, and productivity. Get access to a powerful technique for solving specific problems with excellent sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio.
Element XR HR-ICP-MS
The gold standard for full elemental screening in high dynamic range laser ablation and solution work, and for large isotope ratios applications
The combination of a dual-mode SEM with a Faraday detector increases the linear dynamic range by an additional three orders of magnitude. This enables analysis of any matrix element straight without further dilution or precautions to avoid detector damage from inadvertently measuring high-level elements
Link to the principle: Visit us