BIOSAN Thermo–Shaker TS-100 provides intensive mixing and temperature control of samples in micro-test tubes or PCR plate. Functions of heating (up to +100°C) and mixing can be performed both simultaneously and independently, i.e. the unit implements three devices in one:
2. Dry–block Thermostat;
BIOSAN Thermo–Shaker TS-100 is used for DNA analysis sample preparation, for extraction of proteins, polysaccharides, lipids, and other cellular components. Features of TS-100 meet the increased requirements of the user, including:
- Quickly reaches the set mixing speed and maintains the same amplitude of rotation around the block;
- Stable maintenance of the temperature of a wide range over the entire surface of the block;
- LCD display shows the set and actual temperature, speed, and time;
- Quiet engine operation, compact size, long service life.
The heating source is a printed heating board (12 V). Mixing is provided by movement of orbital type.
The instrument is applicable in:
- Genetic analysis — in the extraction of DNA, RNA, and further sample preparation;
- Biochemical study of enzymatic reactions and processes;
- Extraction of metabolites from cellular material.
Temperature Calibration Function
With the help of the temperature calibration function, the user can calibrate the unit approx. ±6% of the selected temperature to compensate for differences in the thermal behavior of tubes from different manufacturers.