Mass spectrometer is an instrument designed to separate gas phase ions according to their m/z (mass to charge ratio) value. A single quadrupole mass spectrometer contains one quadrupole mass analyzer. The quadrupole mass analyzer acts as a mass filter, allowing users to select either a specific m/z ratio (i.e. one analyte) they are interested in detecting (i.e., single ion monitoring), or a range of m/z ratios (i.e., various analytes) at the same time (i.e., full scan monitoring).
Achieving a comprehensive understanding of the samples you analyze is always a challenge. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we believe the easier we can make the journey from sample to knowledge, the more information you will have to succeed with your analyses. Despite the benefits of incorporating mass spectrometry (MS) into your analyses, we know MS can seem complex. That is why we designed the Thermo Scientific™ ISQ™ EM single quadrupole mass spectrometer with robustness and ease-of-use in mind.
The easy-to-use Thermo Scientific™ ISQ™ EM Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer allows for flexible LC-MS analysis, with an extended mass range to detect small and large molecules, and an optional HESI or dual HESI/APCI ionization probe to target polar and non-polar compounds.
The Thermo Scientific™ ISQ™ EM single quadrupole mass spectrometer seamlessly integrates your liquid chromatography (LC) system with mass spectrometry (MS) for reliable, everyday LC-MS operation. It is robust and easy to use, offering all users the opportunity to expand their capabilities in running routine LC-MS assays.
Gain greater insights from your sample
Coupling ion or liquid chromatography to MS, allows you to gain greater insights from your samples. Adding MS gives you:
- Higher sensitivity and selectivity
- Chromatographic peak mass confirmation, reducing the likelihood of false negatives and positives
Confidently analyze samples with complex matrices based on the superior robustness of the ISQ EM mass spectrometers. These single quadrupole mass spectrometers offer:
- Improved detection of analytes in complex matrices
- Identification of co-eluting peaks based on their mass-to-charge (m/z) ratios
Easily master MS
The seamless integration of the ISQ EM mass spectrometers with your IC or LC system allows you to focus on successfully using the system with:
- Integrated tools to help you quickly learn the MS system
- Thermo Scientific™ Chromeleon™ Chromatography Data System (CDS) software for analysis, including embedded control of the mass spectrometer
Flexible and routine small and large molecule LC-MS analysis
Seamlessly integrate your LC system with the ISQ EM mass spectrometer for reliable LC-MS operation. The ISQ EM mass spectrometer is built for greater application flexibility ranging anywhere from drug development to manufacturing support and quality control.
The ISQ EM mass spectrometer offers:
- Durable atmospheric pressure ionization (API) source with interchangeable HESI and APCI probes for the most challenging sample matrices and an innovative vacuum interlock designed for reliable operation
- High performing HESI and APCI probes in optimized positions to boost ionization efficiency and spray stability across a wide range of flow rates
- The built-in reference standard for automated instrument calibration
- Ultra-fast scanning for simultaneous analyses of positive and negative ions
- Easy method development and optimization using new ion source technology
- Full integration with the Thermo Scientific™ Chromeleon™ Chromatography Data System (CDS) software
- Support for open-access multi-user applications with Thermo Scientific™ Chromeleon™ XPS software